Employee Turnover And Retention Briefings Abstract: 71
This page can be used as a permanent link to this article. Bookmarking this page will bring you to this article, whereas bookmarking the briegings page this article was on will bring you back to the most current briefings.
[This Is The Northeast] Tuesday 04/12/05 11:07 PM Case Study of a Best Place to Work Business
A UK company, Bettys and Taylors of Harrogate, is a prime example of a Best Place to Work company. Seventy-four percent of employees "love" working there and 80% are proud to be an employee of Bettys.
How do they do it?
Some of their success can be attributed to the following:
- A portion of the company profits is shared among staffers.
- They provide the best possible work environment
- Training and the welfare of employees is a priority
- All new employees have an opportunity to meet with the managing director and the chairman
- Personal events such as employees' birthdays, marriages and the birth of children are celebrated
- Prizes are awarded for employees' ideas that improve the company
- Bottles of champagne are the reward for going above and beyond in assisting customers
This has resulted in 87% of employees admitting they "laugh alot" with colleagues and 82% state that they have fun while at work.
Bettys has been named Best Employer in Yorkshire and made the Top 50 for Best Companies to Work For in the entire country.
Current Briefings Archives
Views expressed here represent the opinions of the source articles and are not necessarily shared by Nobscot Corporation.